Litomysl Day trips záložky a sdílení

Day trips

Day trips

Toulovcovy Mastale (15 km from Litomysl and Policka, cycle track no. 4021) Protected natural area measuring 1083.6 ha, situated between Budislav, Prosec and Nove Hrady. The cliffs are formed from cretaceous limestone of ocean origin. As a result of wind and water erosion deep gorges have been formed and, with gradual weathering and freestone separation, cliffs and canyons with bizarre shapes have been created. The area is associated with the tale of the robber knight Lawrence Toulovec, who hid here in the cliff seams with his entourage, and this is the source of the name Toulovcovy mastale (Toulovec Stables). The most attractive features are: Mestske mastale (Town Stables), Kolumbovo vejce (Columbus's Eggs), Kazatelna (the Pulpit), Dudychova jeskyne (Dudych's Cave), Pansky stul (the Lord's Table). The area may be reached via a dense network of signposted footpaths, which allow tours on foot of the area.

Kosumberk (25 km from Litomysl, 2.5 hours by cycle) The castle was built in around 1300 on the cliff over the Novohradka valley. Following a fire in 1573 the Slavat from Chlum and Kosmberk family, who owned the building, rebuilt the castle in a renaissance style. After the Thirty Years' War, during which the Slavat family was reduced to poverty, the castle was sold to the Jesuits of Hradec Kralove. The last owners were the Thurn und Taxis family. Today the ruins are open to the public, and in the burgrave building there is a museum with a collection of items relating to the castle and the Hams sanatorium in Luze.

Nove Hrady (15 km from Litomysl, 1 hour by cycle, cycle track no. 4021) - the castle was built by Z. Kostka of Postupice in the mid-15th century on the hill known as Stary zamek (old castle). Of the circular castle, only part of the fortifications remain, as do part of the walls and a section of the ramparts. The entire hill was subsequently made into a park. In 1767 the Stations of the Cross were built on the southern side. The new castle was built in 1774-1777 by Jan Antonin Harbuval-Chamare, and materials taken from the old castle were used in its construction. In 1804 the entire rococo castle area was completed, and this has been preserved in its original state to this day (Czech Versailles). The opening of the castle is expected to take place in spring 2001. At present the main castle courtyard is open to the public, as is the partially reconstructed castle park and the ruin of the old castle www.nove-hrady.cz

Ruzovy paloucek - Rose Meadow (7 km from Litomysl, cycle track no. 4021) Memorial park close to the village of Morasice (a square of land measuring 340 m2), where a rare type of rose Rosa gallica can be found. There are many tales surrounding the area, for example the parting with the exiled Czechs following the Battle of the White Mountain. In 1921 a memorial to the memory of the Czech Brothers and J. A. Komensky was unveiled.

Nedosin Wood (3 km from Litomysl, cycle track no. 4021) - state national reservation measuring 30.7 ha set up for the protection of a wood made up of oaks and hornbeam trees. Together with the neighbouring fishponds this area is of great ornithological interest. Originally Vraticka the feudal hunting grounds, at the beginning of the 19th century it was remodelled into a romantic park with numerous pavilions and temples. Until 1856 it was the site of students' May celebrations (basis for Jirasek's novel Philosophical History). Today we can only see the remains of the stone chapel of St. Anthony above the spring. Through the wood there is an educational nature path with nine stops.

Kozlov (9 km from Litomysl, 45 min. By cycle) - small village linked with the works of the painter Max Svabinsky (1873-1962), who lived here before the First World War in the cottage belonging to the Vejrych family. On its wooden west gable there is an original painting - two petitioners and St. Wenceslas in a floral ornament. In the cottage there are many authentic documents recording the life and work of the artist.

Kozlovsky kopec - Kozlov Hill (9 km from Litomysl, 45 min. by cycle) Hill 601 m above sea level. In 1933 the cottage of Max Svabinsky was built here, which is now a small hotel and restaurant. 100 m from the cottage there is a telecommunications tower in the same style - belvedere.

Educational nature path on Cerna hora - Black Mountain (1 km from Litomysl, by cycle 10 min.) - recently 5 km of paths in the municipal woods on Cerna Hora was reinforced, an a nature path with information boards was laid out. This area is suitable for ramblers, runners and cyclists alike.

Svojanov (16 km from Policka, cycle route no. 4019) - castle established by Premysl Otakar II in c. 1265 for the protection of the Trstenice routes. Today's building is in empire style, and was built in 1842 following a fire (the old palace was not restored). Since 1993 the Svojanov Cultural Summer festival and the Puppeteers Pilgrimage have been held here. The castle is open to the public, as is the permanent exhibition of ceramics by Jan Kutalek.

Lucas's singing lime tree (11 km from Policka, 60 min by cycle) Lime tree over 700 years old - oldest lime tree in the Czech Republic. It is said that an old deaf scribe once sat writing and singing psalms inside its trunk

Bystre (13 km from Policka, 60 min by cycle, cycle track no. 4019) Was conferred the title of town by Charles IV in 1368, and one of the Trstenice routes led through the town. There is a baroque town hall, church and presbytery, and timbered cottages - Brtoun's cottage is open to the public, the renaissance chateau with English garden is now a home for children in care.

Jimramov (11 km from Policka, cycle track no. 4025) Historic small town established in 1235. In 1643 it was razed by the Swedes, and following the issue of the Edict of Tolerance, became an Evangelical centre. Renaissance chateau dating from 1586. Originally gothic church rebuilt in baroque style. The home of the Mrstik brothers and another writer Jan Karafiat, author of "The Little Beetles"

Zdarske vrchy - Zdar Highlands

Karlstejn
Ctyri palice (The Four Cudgels)- a group of rocks close to Breziny, 730 m. Above sea level, the dominating feature of the Zdar Highlands, rocky outcrops in the form of heads - Palicata, Devin, Tvrz .., beautiful views, mountaineering walls
Devet skal - Nine Rocks
Milovsky rybnik - fish pond established in 1610 in the village of Milovy, recreational centre, starting point for tours of the rocky highlands
Prosicka - hill near Jimramov 742 m, with cliffs and beautiful views. According to legends lovers terminated their unhappy love by jumping into the void

Andrluv Chlum (15km from Litomysl) - peak with a view of the town of Usti nad Orlici. The path from Usti leads past the 14 chapels of the Stations of the Cross dating from 1755.


Other places of interest in the Region of Smetana and Martinu (Litomysl and Policka region)

Balda (KCT 48, , A6, cycle track 4028) - former forest spa, source of iron water. Small chapel
Borova (KCT 48, A4, cycle track 4022)- gothic church and ossuary, the roof off which is in the form of a Turkish helmet, natural swimming pool, peasant architecture
Borovnice (KCT 48, A5, cycle track 4025) - Hus Memorial constructed from so-called 'Three Kings Stone'
Breziny (KCT 48, A4, cycle track 4022) - peasant architecture - weekend cottages. Until the 19th century the Berkovka glassblowers' factory was in the village. Scene of the plot of the novel "Drasar" by T. Novakova. Memorial trees - Drasar and Luòacek lime trees.
Brlenka (KCT 49, C2, cycle track 4028) - originally a woodcutters' settlement, today it is used for weekend cottages
Dolni Ujezd (KCT 49, C1, cycle track 4026) - memorial to the serf's uprising in 1680
Hamry (KCT 50, D1, cycle track 104) - iron ore processing plant, closed in 1676
Hartmanice (KCT 50, D1)- baroque chapel on the hill. Maria Rebeka von Hohenems, owner of the Bystre demesne, is buried under the altar.
Horni Ujezd - Cikov (KCT 47, F3, cycle track 4019) - chapel of Our Lady, on the site of the former mill, with a memorial plaque to L. Pakost, leader of the Peasant's Revolt in 1680
Hills near Ceska Trebova (KCT 49, B3) - place of pilgrimages and former spa. Bozena Nemcova stayed here in 1851
Jedlova (KCT 48, B6, cycle track 4019) early gothic church, bell tower from the 17th century. When the church was enlarged the ossuary containing 78 000 human skulls was demolished.
Jiraskovo udoli (KCT 49, C2, cycle track 4028) - valley near Benatky, a favourite place of Jiraskek. Motocross events are held here.
Konciny (KCT 49, B1) - former place of pilgrimages, neo gothic chapel of Our Lady, stations of the cross.
Korouhev (KCT 48, A) - Early gothic church; wooden bell tower and former 17th century ossuary
Krasne (KCT 48, A4) - typical highland village, peasant architecture, protected large-leaved lime trees
Leznik (KCT 49, D1) - Museum of curiosities, sporting aerodrome Libohaj (KCT 48, A5) - forest park on the edge of Policka with a monument to Jan Hus. Sibenicni vrch (Hangman's Hill - 614 m) was the site of executions in mediaeval times.
Litomysl - Lany (KCT 49, C1) - Jewish cemetery
Lubna (KCT 49, D1, cycle track 4024) - near the "Luben Hills" natural reservation - an ancient beech and fir forest with forest flora and fauna.
Mendryka (KCT 49, C3,) - originally a hunter's manor, today owned by an order of nuns. This place inspired Jirasek to write "The Lantern"
Na Mandlu (KCT 49, B2) - building in the Empire style - formerly a laundry. Weekend cottages, swimming pool
Nedvezi (KCT 48, B6) - scene of the novel by T. Novakova "On Libra's Farm "
Oldris (KCT 48, A5, cycle track 4022) - the village and name of the settlement come from Prince Oldrich, the first written records of the village date from 876, according to legend this was the home of Babinsky
Pivnicka rokle (KCT 47, E2) - sandstone canyon beginning 0.5 km above the village of Dolany
Pomezi (KCT 48, A6, cycle track 4022) - originally named Limberk, gothic church of St. George, baroque chapel, on the site of the original fortress there is a granary dating from 1717, seat of the Leewendorf (Limberk) knights
Privrat (KCT 49, B2) - ski slopes
Pusta Kamenice (KCT 48, A3) - former mining settlement and forge. The name "Pusta" (deserted) derives from the period of the Thirty Years' War, during which the Swedes destroyed the village. To this day remains of the iron ore mines are preserved, and there is a baroque church
Pusta Rybna (KCT 48, A4, cycle track 4022) - evangelical church of St. Bartholomew in classical style
Roudna (KCT 47, E3) - weekend cottages in Novohradek valley, swimming pool
Sadek (KCT 48, A5, cycle track 4025) - baroque Holy Trinity church with a prismatic tower, which predates the church
Sebranice (KCT 49, D1, cycle track 4024) - preserved wooden village architecture, swimming pool
Sedlistka (KCT 49, C1) - on the site of a water fortress from the 14th century. Baroque granary from 18th century.
Snezne (KCT 48, B4, cycle track 104) - workplace of many highland artists, nearby the cast iron crosses from the former ironworks in Kadov, baroque presbytery, mayor's house
Stary Svojanov (KCT 50, D1, cycle track 104) - wooden houses typical of the 'Horacko' region, baroque originally gothic church from 13th - 14th century
Svata Katerina (KCT 48, A4, cycle track 4021) - typical highland village with superb views
Siroky Dul (KCT 48, A5) - Sila's farm - peasant building typical of the Policka region, home of Jan Jilek, portrayed in the novel of the same name by Tereza Novakova
Starkov (KCT 48, B5, cycle track 104) - ruins of 13th century castle situated at the summit of a cliff incorporating a cave - protected natural park
Trstenice (KCT 49, D2, cycle track 4023) - gave its name to a trading route in the middle ages, Vojnarka farm
Udoli Kretinky (KCT 50, C1 - D1, cycle track 104 a 4027) - natural park, natural points of interest alongside the River Kretinka, 5570 ha
Voparilova jedle (KCT 47, F3, cycle track 4019) - between Lubna and Siroky Dul. Ancient giant fir trees
Vlckov (KCT 49, B2) - annual celebration "Opening of the Wells""
Vranice (KCT 47, E3, cycle track 4021) - weekend cottages, children's camps, starting point for tours of Mastale

Day trips


© 2011 - 2018 Město Litomyšl